Friday, December 23, 2005

Snow - Is it beautiful?

My phone rang at 7 AM not even close to my usual wake up time, from my friend whose usual wake up time is even more farther. "Did you look outside" was the first thing I heard when I picked the call. I now knew the reason of her early morning call since for past two days we had been talking about just one thing. I immediately got out of my bed and shouted with excitment "Is it snowing outside?" and ran to my window to look out when my husband was looking at me wierdly "Whats wrong with my wife, why is she up so early?" It was such a beautiful sight that I just couldnt stop shouting "Wow....Its so pretty!!!!!" I then called my other friend to share my excitement who was in a deep sleep dreaming. I heard her say hello in a half sleepy tone but on the other end with my voice so clear and loud, said "Its snowing..its pretty...though not heavy".

Two days later it started snowing crazy and our apartment roads and trees looked even more pretty and now our excitement knew no bounds and we decided to step out of the house.

I then remembered that i dint have a winter jacket on. And it was very cold outside. "Thats ok", said one of my friends...."Even I dont have a jacket, just wear two of your Fall jackets, that should be good for now". Then we stepped out of the house. We were three crazy girls playing early morning in the snow with Fall jackets and taking pictures.

After two days, the opinions about snow changed drastically - "Oh my God its icy, slushy, slippery..i can't drive. Its looking very dirty....." this was all we could say about the snow. All our praises for snow were taken back and started saying "ywack..." Now snow is all around us and we are sick and tired of it. I can't wait to see grass again.

3 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey snow-white,
A gud blog to start with. Am still shivering.ooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!
Everyone do get fancied by the first sight of snow particularly when uare from country like india and thttoo living in a city close to equator. Now tht u hv touched and felt the snow u would now b yearning 4 hot and humid weather of the indian peninsula.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Yadayada said...

Anon,

Coming from Chennai where there is only one season - Summer, Its surprising to see all the four seasons that we used to read in our text books.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger A said...

Ah finally snow white has seen snow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home